Forrest McClendon is an internationally acclaimed award-winning actor and singer.
- Most recently seen as Dude in CABIN IN THE SKY directed by Ruben Santiago-Hudson at City Center Encores!
- Tony® Award Nominee for Broadway debut as Mr. Tambo in THE SCOTTSBORO BOYS directed by Susan Stroman, Forrest recently starred in the UK premiere, which won the London Evening Standard Award for Best Musical. He is featured on both the Off-Broadway and Abbey Road recordings.
- Lunt-Fontanne Fellow with notable regional roles including the Foundling Father in THE AMERICA PLAY at Zach Scott Theatre (B. Iden Payne AwardóBest Lead Actor in a Play), and Roscoe in AVENUE X at 11th Hour Theatre Company (Barrymore AwardóBest Supporting Actor in a Musical).
- Recent regional favorites: Canewell in August Wilson's SEVEN GUITARS (Actors Theatre of Louisville), Gil in Colman Domingo's WILD WITH HAPPY (Baltimore Center Stage), Friar Lawrence in ROMEO AND JULIET (North Carolina Shakespeare Festival), and the title roles in OTHELLO (Philadelphia Shakespeare Theatre) and JULIUS CAESAR (Lantern Theater Company).
- Forrest has worked extensively on new plays at New Dramatists and PlayPenn. Recent workshops/readings: Rachel Chavkin's ANNIE SALEM (Sundance), Jessica Dickey's THE GUARD (National Theater Conference), Steve Fisher's MANDELA (Theatre at St. Clements), Carlyle Brown's NOBODY, NO TIME (Playwrights' Center) and Jen Silverman's THE DANGEROUS HOUSE OF PRETTY MBANE (InterAct Theatre Company). Other favorites: Suzan-Lori-Parks, Lonnie Carter, OyamO, JT Rogers and Stefanie Zadravec.